The Kindergarten is run by a group of 7 parent volunteers each year, called ‘The Management Committee’. The Management Committee is elected each year at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
The Management Committee is responsible for:
- General management and financial matters of the centre;
- Following the rules of the Association/ Constitution lodged with the Department of Fair Trading;
- Ensuring the centre is meeting C&K affiliation standards and National Quality Standards so that the centre continues to receive funding;
- The employment of all necessary staff and compliance with the provisions of any agreements, awards or other industrial requirements;
- Legislative requirements affecting the centre including the National Quality Regulations and other legislation such as Child Protection and Workplace, Health & Safety,
- Building and playgrounds;
- Promoting the centre within the community.
Some of the benefits of volunteering to be on the Management Committee include:
- A good way to get involved with what goes on at your child’s Kindy;
- A good way to meet other parents;
- Volunteers utilise skills in regards to being a part of a team;
- Be involved in ideas on how to improve our Kindy; and
Volunteering can provide a healthy boost to your self-confidence and a great way to challenge yourself.
Vice President/Publicity and Community Liaison
Maintenance Coordinator/Workplace Health and Safety Officer
Project and Grants Co-ordinator