We are a Community Kindy
At Camira Kindergarten, we believe that Early Childhood is a period of momentous significance; to be valued and enjoyed in its own right.
We believe we share in the responsibility for helping children develop into young learners who will be caring about people and the environment, be socially responsible, inventive and who will be best equipped to cope with change.
By the time this period is over, your children will have formed conceptions of themselves as social beings, as thinkers and as language users and they will have reached certain important decisions about their own abilities and their own worth.
Acknowledgement of Country
Camira Kindergarten, it’s staff, families and children acknowledge the traditional owners of the land; the Jagera, Yuggara and Ugarapul people, on which our Kindergarten stands. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging.
As a Kindergarten Community we are committed to:
- Acknowledging Australia’s First People’s as owners of the land on which our Kindergarten is situated.
- Creating a welcoming and inviting environment, inclusive of all cultures represented in Australian Communities.
- Embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives as part of our everyday learning program.
- Promoting a culture of respect & acceptance we move forward on our journey to Reconciliation and building strong relationships together.
- Our Kindergarten Learning Environment will reflect many cultures and encourage all children to build a strong cultural identity.