Camira Kindergarten Statement of Philosophy
Our philosophy has been derived from conversations with parents, children and staff around the philosophy and practice of the Early Years Learning Framework; Last updated; May 27, 2016. To be reviewed May 2017.
- We respect and value each family’s unique background, their values and understanding as we partner with them through their child’s learning journey at our centre.
- We recognise families as children’s most influential teachers.
- We understand that children are competent and capable learners
- We ensure all children and their families to experience a sense of nurturing and welcome.
- We value the diverse perspectives of our families and encourage conversations to promote understanding and learning
- We strongly believe that all children have the right to a safe supportive play-based learning environment which promotes and celebrates their individual interests and abilities.
- We have a strong connection to the natural environment in Camira and want our kindergarten play environment to reflect this.
- We value practices of sustainability and caring for the natural environment so we seek organic and sustainable solutions
- We appreciate that we are not just spectators to our children’s learning, but active collaborators and partners with our children in their learning experiences
- We value an emphasis on healthy eating, sun protection and good hygiene practices and promote this on a daily basis
- We recognise that particular groups of children or individuals may require additional consideration and specialist knowledge.
- We critically reflect on our view of children, our curriculum, and our values that we hold for them.